Hamiltonian Artists is seeking a dynamic and innovative Program Manager to oversee the administration and implementation of its signature Hamiltonian Fellowship programs and other career development events for artists.
The Program Manager will manage, plan, and execute programs and activities for an intensive career development program for 10 visual artists, a mentorship program, and Hamiltonian’s Professional Development Speaker Series.
The Program Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and the Hamiltonian Artists Board and works closely with the Development Manager. The Program Manager’s tasks will include but not limited to:
· Plan and conduct annual recruitment drive for new applicants to the fellowship program
· Plan and organize the fellowship selection review process
· Develop, plan, and administrate fellowship related events and activities
· Facilitate interactions among fellows and mentors within the program
· Plan and organize the Professional Development Speakers Series
· Coordinate with Hamiltonian Gallery on exhibitions, art fairs, and gallery events
· Conduct regular fellowship and programming evaluations
· Publicize the activities of Hamiltonian Artists, its programs and goals to other relevant art-related agencies, organizations, and the general public through our website, newsflashes, press releases, social media and our yearly catalog
· Assist Development Manager in outreach and fundraising efforts and strategic planning
· Maintain financial management protocols and budgets
· Maintain network of partners including alumni, mentor artists, community supporters, artists, and art organizations.
- BA in a related field preferred. MA also preferred.
- Strong interests in contemporary art practices, artists, and/or arts organizations
- The ability to think strategically and resourcefully with creative problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build mutually respectful and meaningful relationships with diverse communities and community members
- Excellent written communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- A keen entrepreneurial spirit to manage program growth and innovation
- Attention to detail & strong work ethic with superior administrative skills
- Energetic & collaborative spirit, with the ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Applications a plus
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends
Hamiltonian Artists, Inc., a 501c3 art organization, provides professional development programming to advance the careers and entrepreneurial success of emerging visual artists in Washington, DC. Anchored by a prominent exhibition space at U and 14th Street, NW, the organization annually provides two-year long fellowships to 5 promising artists. Through exhibition opportunities, mentorship, financial support and additional career development opportunities, the fellowship program helps emerging artists develop the relevant skills, tools and resources to build and successfully a career in the arts.
Please send cover letter and resume to Paul So at email@example.com with the subject line "HA Program Manager Application". To learn more about the organization, visit www.hamiltonianartists.org.
Salary commensurate with experience.