Who should apply
Hamiltonian Artists encourages all interested artists who have not had prior gallery representation to apply for this competitive, two-year fellowship program. Learn more about the Hamiltonian Fellowship Program.
Application deadline: February 29, 2012, 5:00 pm
How to apply
To be considered for our fellowship program, all applicants must prepare the following items in electronic format only on no more than two digital CDs. If 100% of the application requirements are not fulfilled, then the application will not be processed, nor reviewed, so please check your discs prior to submitting:
2. A CV or resume (in MS doc)
3. Ten (10) medium to high resolution images of your recent work (in JPEG format only). Images beyond the first ten images will not be considered.
* New media artists may submit up to 10 individual samples of videos in place of the 10 images. Each individual video sample shall not exceed 3 minutes in length, and shall be submitted in either QuickTime or Windows Media Video format (.MOV or .WMV)
4. A correlating list of works which must include title, media, dimension and year executed (in MS doc).
5. An artist statement (in MS doc not PDF format)
6. Although not required, applicants may provide up to three other supporting materials such as press coverage, reviews, and other public write-ups about you and/or your work (in PDF format)
Please send the completed application CD + $25 application fee (do not send cash) to:
Hamiltonian Artists 1353 U Street, NW Suite 101 Washington DC, 20009
Applications will be reviewed by an External Review Panel composed of gallerists, art educators, art collectors, curators, and professional artists. The panelists will be selected for the breadth of their knowledge and expertise and the final roster will also change from year to year. The selection process will be based on the applicant's artistic vision, the quality of his/her artwork, his/her potential to excel within the program, and his/her desire to contribute to the community of artists at Hamiltonian Artists. Selection of the Hamiltonian Fellows will be made in early April, 2012. All applicants will receive a confirmation email after their application has been processed, as well as after the jury makes their selections. Hamiltonian Artists accepts five artists into the fellowship program per year.
For more information, please email: email@example.com